There is always something going on in New York and dog events in NYC for Spring 2020 are no exception. There are a ton of cool ways to get out and about with your pup. Let’s check out a few of the top ones for this Spring.
- When: February 6
- Where: Hotel Pennsylvania
- What: When it comes to rescues, pets, and fashion, the iconic dog event of the year is the New York Pet Fashion Show. Combining incredible pet and human fashion has helped create the largest pet fashion and animal rescue benefit in the world.
- When: February 8-11
- Where: Madison Square Garden
- What: Founded in 1877, The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is America’s second-longest continuously held sporting event behind the Kentucky Derby. It is dedicated to showcasing the sport of purebred dogs. Hundreds of dogs from around the country will be judged in several different categories, including Best in Show. If you’re a dog lover, the Westminster Kennel Club show is definitely a must attend dog event in NYC.
Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival
- When: April 12
- Where: Starts on 5th Avenue
- What: One of the best things to do for Easter is stroll along Fifth Avenue during one of New York’s silliest processions: The Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival. NYC has a march entirely dedicated to outlandishly decorated hats. Before you sit down for a delicious Easter feast at one of the city’s best restaurants, hop to St. Patrick’s Cathedral to watch the show or promenade your own over-the-top bonnet. Of course, many parade-goers bring (and dress up) their pups. This is certainly a unique dog event in NYC for 2020.
- When: May 12
- Where: Home Studios Inc.
- What: This event is the perfect opportunity for pet retailers in New York City and surrounding areas to meet the makers of innovative and healthy pet products. Media, Pet Retailers, Groomers, Veterinarians, Social Media and Pet Influencers will join together to learn about the latest and greatest pet products available on the market. Press and pet celebrities will be in attendance as well as retailers.
- When: May 30-31
- Where: Meadowlands Exposition Center
- What: This weekend event will celebrate dogs everywhere in a large–scale, cutting edge multimedia format. With multiple stages, attendees will enjoy caliber events, such as dock diving, disc dog, lure coursing, weight pulling and schutzhund, just to name a few. Perhaps the main attraction of the World Dog Expo will be the notable trade show event, featuring a huge array of dog–centered products.
FIDO Coffee in the Bark
If you’re looking for more regular dog events in NYC that extend beyond just this Spring, then check out FIDO Coffee. It happens monthly in Prospect park.
- When: The first Saturday of every month
- Where: Just below the Picnic House in Prospect Park’s Long Meadow
- What: As a regular monthly event, Coffee Bark stands as a shining example of all that is great about off-leash recreation in City parks. Over the course of our 2-hour event, many of the hundreds of dogs and their people who take advantage of the Long Meadow, stop by for coffee and chat about the concerns of the day.
Learn more about our New York dog walkers and how they can change the way you care for your dog!