The safety of Barkly’s caretakers and customers is always our first priority. We value the trust you place in Barkly to deliver safe, reliable pet care. For that reason, we thought it was important to speak to you directly about the plans we have put in place in response to the risks of COVID-19 to make sure we can continue to do that.
Health Guidance for Dog Walkers
- First and foremost, please stay up-to-date and adhere to the health and safety guidelines from the CDC.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home. Do not keep your appointments. Contact our support team directly if you cancel appointments because you feel sick so we can waive any incurred cancelation fees.
- Communicate with your customers prior to any appointments to arrange no-contact pick-up and drop-offs. Many customers are working from home and are adhering to social-distancing best practices. As a dog walker, you should minimize your contact with customers as much as possible. Give them concrete arrival times so that they can have their dog leashed and harnessed for you as soon as you arrive.
- Practice social-distancing while commuting between and taking walks. Avoid dog parks, busy streets, and contact with others.
- Carry hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, and use them often.
Our support team remains available and can be contacted by email at anytime. It’s in moments like this where small actions that we each take will help everyone.